Thursday, October 09, 2008

Dinner for the Husband

I call this Dinner for the husband because me and yuta already have our dinner. I just simply eat from Yuta`s left over and some food that i cooked earlier in the day. Since Yuta dont eat meat so i have to prepare Taku`s and Yuta`s dinner separately and mommy dinner is only left over from both of them. how sad.. haha. I dont normally blog about my cooking but after attending a discussion about nutrition yesterday, i feel that i want to record about my cooking and keep track on our diet.

Dinner today, definitely is not so healthy but im learning to cook things simple and fast.

Braised chicken wings with PEPSI

Age gyoza- deep fried dumpling (left over meat mixture from yesterday yaki gyoza- pot sticker). I like this version of gyoza better than the traditional type of japanese gyoza. Instead of yellow onion and chinese chive i substitute is with chinese cabbage and grated carrot and add in a little minced shrimp (suggestion from Laina, gyoza always taste better when added some seafood in it) and

yama imo ( i dont know how to call it, it is a kind of yam), with yaki nori (seaweed) and ponzu (soy sauce with citrus flavour). When i was in Malaysia i have never seen this kind of yam. I see alot of chinese buy this yam, so i asked my friend from china and got to know that it is good for making chicken soup. Will definitely try it.

Exchanging recipes is fun, im doing recipes exchange with my friends and neighbour now. So, every now and then i will have new menu on my table. happy cooking

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow ! The Grace I know now has become a chef from a mummy.Goo for you lah ! That's the way ! Diana