Saturday, November 22, 2008

Marmite

I love marmite and i still do. I have this strange crave about marmite on and off. I looked around for it around in japan, but i cant find any grocery store selling it or maybe they have it somewhere, but dont know where. I remembered asking my friend who visited me in japan bring marmite all the way from KL for me. I put it in Yuta`s porridge and he loves it. They said British use marmite as bread spread but personally i have not try it on bread but i like it on rice and as soup paste. It is obviousy not an American thing, so when i ask around, `do you know marmite` the answer is NO, even my indonesian neighbour who had lived in UK for sometimes dont know what is Marmite. I think even in KL now not many store carries this and for sure not many kids eating Marmite like i used to those days. how sad. I have been looking around speciaity food stores around here selling grocery from Europe and asia but still i cant find it and im so happy that i found it on amazon.com today..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have good taste and so does Yuta. But Marmite is now very very expensive in KL. The other day I bought Bovril instead beacuse thay have it in Medium size at Tesco Ampang. Marmite only in Big size.
Try cooking pai kuat marmite. YUM ! YUM! Delicious lah !

烏啄啄 said...

Hackzai's OZ col. smuggled 2 Vegemite over for them, hahahaha...